Support Staff as a Foundation for School Improvement
Support staff are a key foundation stone in most schools but the phrase covers a wide variety of roles – from one-to-one learning support for a child with special educational needs through to the administrative manager of the front-office team.
We are working with other local schools to host and deliver a portfolio of development sessions to meet the wide range of support staff needs. The current range of programmes can be seen in this flyer – CPD for Support staff.
The following sessions are run regularly and the dates can be seen on our Forthcoming CPD page.
- First Steps
- Stepping up for Support Staff
- Handling not Strangling – Coping with Difficult Situations
- One Pair of Hands – Effective Time Management
- Organising Meetings and Minute Taking
- Callers who Smile – Customer Service in the school environment
- Coaching for Support Staff
- “In it Together” – The role of support and admin staff in managing student behaviour
- Cool as a Cucumber – Presentation skills
- Being an Ambassador – your role in marketing your School
Find out about our Emergency First Aid at Work Course here
Most schools have had their share of medical emergencies and a daily crop of minor ailments. It is therefore really important to have a good coverage of staff with First Aid expertise. Windsor High School is an accredited training centre for running HSE First Aid programmes including the one day Emergency First Aid and the longer First Aid at Work programmes, running these in a school environment and acknowledging the priorities of schools.
There are recent changes to legislation regarding Paediatric First Aid such that in Early Years settings there should be one person who has a current paediatric first aid qualification on the premises at all times when children are present, and must accompany children on outings. We have run this course as a blended learning programme where delegates undertake six hours of on-line learning and then attend a one day face to face session.
This training saves lives! Windsor High School and Sixth Form staff were shortlisted for the St Johns Ambulance First Aid awards for their life saving support of a student. Click here to read more.