Parents and Students
About Our Careers Department
At Windsor we support our students with a structured Careers Curriculum featuring a range of experiences and tools designed to provide them with the information required for their future career wellbeing. Independent and impartial guidance is provided by our Connexions Careers Adviser, Mr Hutchinson. Students can also gain careers information from designated Careers Leader, Mrs Abbiss. If students require more information or additional personal guidance then they may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
Windsor has the following objectives in line with the Gatsby Eight Benchmarks for Careers Excellence when delivering the careers programme in school:
- To plan and provide a stable careers programme for our learners
- To expose students to relevant labour market information (LMI)
- To address the needs of all students
- To link curriculum learning to careers
- To provide opportunities for student to encounter employers and employees
- To support students to obtain work experience placements at year 10 and 12
- To provide opportunities for students to encounter further and higher education
- To provide personal guidance to students on careers education
Windsor works with an increasing number of local employers to ensure our students get exposure to industry professionals and high quality work placements to help inform their future pathways. We have an impressive business network with over 500 contacts used in recent years that students have had direct workplace interaction with. However, as part of the continuous improvement of the Careers Curriculum we are always looking for professionals to work with us, based on student voice and labour market opportunities in varying and dynamic fields. If you would like to be involved in the work we do to educate young people in job roles they may not fully understand or consider then please contact Mrs Abbiss who will be keen to involve you in our employer centred events.