The Windsor Way
The Windsor Way: Building Character and Sharing Success
Windsor Academy Trust’s moral purpose is to unlock students’ academic and personal potential. We strive for our students to have a love of learning, be successful learners and gain the knowledge, skills and attributes to be successful in the world of work. Equally we endeavour for our students to be good human beings, with a sense of purpose and character enabling them to flourish in life. Windsor Academy Trust has a record of success.
Crucial to our success is a core set of values, beliefs, attitudes and behaviours. Our students, teachers, support staff and parents understand, support and practise these values. Daily interaction between and amongst members of our community are based on these beliefs and have become a natural part of what we do and how we do it.
We aim: “to nurture a culture of respect and responsibility for oneself and for others”.
Here is how we live together at Windsor Academy Trust; we value and practise respect and responsibility.
- for myself, other students and all adults, regardless of background, ethnicity, age, gender, ability, values, lifestyles, opinions or interests
- for the property of the individual, group and school
- by using language that is not offensive or abusive to others
- by being open, honest, friendly, and accepting of others
- by sharing ideas and opinions openly and thoughtfully
- by listening actively to the ideas and opinions of others.
- for controlling my own language and behaviour
- for resolving conflicts and disagreements in a cooperative and peaceful way
- for completing all work to the best of my ability
- for asking for support and help when I need it and helping others when they need it
- for ensuring my own physical and emotional well being
- for creating my own success and being resilient in the face of challenge to approach all I do with a positive attitude
- to see failure as a form of helpful feedback for future growth
- to follow my dreams no matter what challenges I am faced with.